If you’re like most people, you’ve got some old toys hidden away in your attic or your garage – either your own that you haven’t been able to part with until now, or your kids’ who have long since grown up and moved out on their own-long forgotten taken up space. Or perhaps you’ve been collecting certain toys over the years because you love them, or because you hoped they would become more valuable over time.
Those vintage toys and collectibles may be worth more than you think! There are collectors who are looking to buy certain toys and collectibles that you may have stored in a box, collecting dust. But how do you know what they are worth and where you can sell them? We can help you with both of those questions at Dylan Universe Comics.
What Are My Vintage Toys and Collectibles Worth?
If you’ve decided to lighten your load and sell some of your old toys, the first thing you should do is determine their value. There are a few ways you can do it:
- Research Online – This is probably the most popular way to get an idea of your vintage toys’ values. It’s easy to search for a particular item and see what it is selling for in online stores. You can also check online auctions from EBay to see what the sold prices were for items similar to yours. Of course, there are some factors to be aware of when you do your research online. The prices specific items sell for can vary widely based on their condition, the time of year, and their availability. Don’t assume that yours will be worth the highest price you see online, expect it to fall somewhere in the middle of the range.The condition of your item is a huge factor for how it is valued. Is it new in the original packaging, or has it been played with & is missing parts or pieces? Whichever it is, it will have an impact on how much you can sell it for & its desirability.
- Pricing Guide Books – These are great ways to get ballpark figures regarding the value of your vintage stuff. However, you have to be aware that they may not have the most up-to-date information. Between the time the guides are written and the time they are published, values often change. Guides were a much better resource before Ebay & the internet became mainstream.
- Appraisers – This is probably the most accurate method of determining the value of vintage toys and collectibles, but it isn’t free. There is typically an appraisal fee of about $150, so it may not be worth it to go to an appraiser. But if you have a one-of-a kind collection, it might be money well spent.
- Dylan Universe Comics – Our favorite method, of course (We’re biased to be fair), is to let us look at your vintage toys! We will never attempt to undervalue your stuff and will always give you the best prices we can for your items.
We Buy Vintage Toys and Collectibles for Cash
At Dylan Universe Comics, we are looking to buy your vintage toys and collectibles for cash. Here are some of specific items we are paying top dollar for:
- Star Wars – Toys, vehicles, playsets, and more (1980s and older)
- Action Figures – He-Man, GI Joe, Transformers, and many others (1980s and older)
- Old Monster Stuff – King Kong, Godzilla, Frankenstein, Vampires, and more
- Vintage Toy Robots from the 1950’s & 60’s.
- Space & Sci-Fi Related Items from the 1970s & earlier.
- Vintage Superhero Collectibles – Toys, posters, costumes, and more
- Themed Metal Lunchboxes
- Video Games and Systems – Nintendo, Atari, Gameboy, NES, and more (1990s and older)
- Sports Cards – Baseball, football, hockey, and basketball (before 1970)
- Non-Sports Cards – Batman cards, Wacky Packages (before 1970)
If you are ready to part with your vintage toys, sports cards, & stuff and want to make sure that you are getting the best price for them, contact Dylan Universe Comics today. Let us know what you have – even if it’s not on this list, there’s a chance we may still be interested.